Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18 2014

So yesterday I received some of the worst news of my mission, I will be leaving New Castle West Wednesday morn, the Spirit of the Lord has called me away to labor in another portion of the vineyard and although I am sure that the call came by revelation and is the will of the Lord, my heart is still breaking on the inside from it because I love the people of this area so much and I am going to miss them so much. My investigators, my less actives, my members, I am going to miss all of them so much, it is sad :-( 
 I know though that the Lord had his hand in all things and when I become a missionary I in effect said, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord" and I still mean that. There are others elsewhere that I need to go to, and others I need to help feel the love of the Lord. I am going to miss Elder Betzold as well incredibly much because he has been one of the greatest companions I have had, I truly believe that there are very few other missionaries in this mission who I could've had the experiences I have had with Elder Betzold. He is a hard worker that understands his purpose and wants to fulfill it. While I have been in the New Castle district I have had the chance to witness  5 baptisms and interview 4 people, which has been a wonderful experience to see the testimony and strength of people that have turned their lives over to the Lord and followed the example of Jesus Christ. 
 In New Castle West I have come to understand who I was as a missionary, how to do missionary work, and what being a missionary means. I understand now the role of Preach My Gospel, it is not a workbook on how to help people get baptized it is scripture that was developed to help missionaries become converted to the Gospel, because as you become converted to the Gospel and as you come to understand and follow the principles thereof you will have the desire and ability to share it with others. You have to have a testimony of the principles you teach otherwise the Holy Ghost will not be there when you say "I know that living the Gospel will bless your life". To be an excellent missionary you have to love others as the Saviour loved them, as you strive to see others as Christ did and treat them in the manner the Great Physician the Lord blesses you to become more Christlike, and it becomes easier. 
 I have developed more strongly my testimony and converstion towards the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this area, I know Jesus Christ lives and is the Saviour and Redeemer of the World that he came down as the Son of God in a tabernacle of flesh to ransom all mankind from suffering death sorrow and the devil. As we follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ and have faith in him, repent, become baptized receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end, we find peace we find joy and we find happiness. If you are striving to live the Gospel and do not feel the peace the comfort and the Spirit that is promised, reevaluate what else more you can do, seek where you can improve, humble yourself in the depths of humility and ask the Lord what do I lack? As you do happiness and blessings will be poured out upon you. I know that Jesus Christ lives that he stands at the head of this great work to bring souls to salvation, that he did appear to the boy prophet Joseph Smith, and through Joseph Smith he did establish his kingdom and Church back on the earth. I know this with certainty and can never deny it.
The Report of Elder Hunter Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment